Thursday, July 5, 2018

Week 2

This week I researched how to wire a stepper motor with eight leads to the motor driver. After that, I hooked it up to test to see if the motor runs and it did. Then I tried to do it wireless, but the speed of the motor declined, and the torque difference is unknown between direct connection and wireless. 

I also worked on the bill of materials and researched the lead times and finalized the sheet with Eric, which the parts should all be ordered today. Putting faith that the main contactor will arrive in five to six days and the precharge resistor in seven days, we hope that we can try to run the large motor by next Thursday.

I also worked on the linear actuator to get it to function. The green linear actuator is broken while the black one is functional. I used a simple code to see if the actuator can go in and out, but for some reason it did not work. Then two hours later, the actuator worked with the same exact code for some odd reason. Now, I have to work with the other team to incorporate the hall sensors and synthesize a code to make the linear actuator carry out the desired application.

No comments:

Post a Comment